No Harm Bum Balm
Protects and softens your baby’s skin at every nappy change, helping to relieve soreness and redness
Most babies experience nappy rash at some point, if not regularly, which can mean soreness, redness and irritation. This midwife developed, mum approved rich but simple nappy cream provides gentle, effective relief and protection, helps to protect skin and soothe soreness.
This 100% naturally derived, ultra-smooth serum takes care of your babies delicate skin. Contains only 5 ingredients, including medical grade lanolin for skin protection and calendula for soothing redness and sorenes.
- Rich but thin serum that glides on easily without dragging sore skin
- One-handed dispenser is hygienic and helps when managing a crying or wriggling baby
- A little goes a long way!
Yes No Harm Bum Balm can be used to treat dry skin and chafing and general skin irritations on other areas of the body
Most babies experience nappy rash at some point, if not regularly, which can mean soreness, redness and irritation so what else can you do to help? Our midwives recommend:
- avoiding soaps and wipes (just wash with water)
- limiting baths, as this can dry your baby’s skin out
- patting the area dry gently, using a soft towel, rather than rubbing
- changing each soiled nappy or liner without delay
- using slightly larger nappies for a few days, so there’s a bit of a gap to avoid chafing and so the skin can breathe as it heals
- letting your baby go nappy-free as much as possible until the nappy rash clears up
Most nappy creams can affect the absorbency of a cloth nappy, because they contain ingredients that can build up and then become difficult to wash out. No Harm Bum Balm is a smooth, fine serum, rather than a thick cream, which helps – as does the fact that lanolin isn’t very sticky, so you only need a thin layer. However, we recommend using nappy liners to protect your nappies.
No Harm Bum Balm can be used for both as it contains medical grade lanolin for skin protection and calendula that will soothe redness and reduce soreness
This is almost certainly due to the effect of hot or cold weather on the natural ingredients. These can harden in cooler temperatures, thickening the product and making it harder to dispense. If this happens, stand the pump somewhere warm or on a radiator for 5-10 minutes to soften the contents. In very hot weather, pop the bottle in the fridge for 10 minutes until the balm is less runny.